How You Can Get Involved
THERE ARE SEVERAL WAYS THAT YOU CAN GET INVOLVED…
1. Volunteer Your Time
You can volunteer your time and energy to help our community by becoming a member of the Junior Auxiliary of Slidell.
What is involved in being a member?
A. The Time Commitment…
The Initial Provisional Year:
- Occurs over a 6 Month Training Period through the months of October-April
- 36 Hours including Education and Participation in Class-wide Community Service Project.
Now you have the required training to enter into Active Status:
- 26 Service Hours+
- 12 Education Hours (6 of which are obtained by attending JA general meetings.)
- 6 Finance Hours (6 hours for finance projects, in at least 2 different projects.)
- 16 Additional hours (from any category.)
- TOTAL OF 60 Hours. (minimum)
The time has flown by and your ready to graduate to Life/Associate Status:
- Occurs once members complete a five year commitment and the requirements of active membership.
NOTE: If you happen to move out of town, your membership can transfer to other chapters of JA.
Our Monthly Meeting Schedules:
- Board Meetings are held the Last Wednesday of each month at 6 pm.
- General Meetings are held the First Tuesday of each month at 9:30 am. except for August, October, December, March, & April which are all held at night at 7:00 pm.
- 3 Make-up Meetings may be held at the discretion of the President and Vice President
Please check our CALENDAR for other events.
B. The Financial Commitment
$75 Provisional Status
$75 Active Status Annual Dues (for Chapter and National Membership)
$60 Non Resident
$75 Non Resident Active
$40 Associate & Associate Active
2. Participate in JAS Events
JAS has several activities throughout the year and participating in a JAS event is a great way to get involved with helping your community. Check out the Calendar page to see when our organization’s activities are held and come join us!
3. Make a Donation
You can make donations to JAS by purchasing tickets and/or items in our various fundraising events. Our community service projects are dependent on the success of our fundraising efforts.
Don’t forget charitable contributions are tax deductible.
4. Become a Corporate Sponsor
It’s easy! Our Corporate Sponsorship Chair and Vice-Chair would love the opportunity to meet with you and/or provide you with the information necessary to assist you in your decision to support our organization. There are various levels of sponsorship that will fit into every business’ budget.
When you sponsor the Junior Auxiliary of Slidell, you are directly making a difference in lives of so many in need who are in your own community.
Your support will truly make an impact.
Now that you have learned more about JAS and know how you can get involved, we hope to hear from you!